IBM z/OS core collection¶
The IBM z/OS core collection, also represented as ibm_zos_core in this document, is part of the broader offering Red Hat® Ansible Certified Content for IBM Z. IBM z/OS core collection supports tasks such as creating data sets, submitting jobs, querying jobs, retrieving job output, encoding data sets, fetching data sets, operator commands, TSO commands, ping and querying operator actions.
The IBM z/OS core collection serves as a dependency for other collections under the Red Hat® Ansible Certified Content for IBM Z umbrella and works closely with offerings such as IBM z/OS IMS collection to deliver a solution that will enable you to automate tasks on z/OS subsystems such as IMS.
Red Hat Ansible Certified Content for IBM Z¶
Red Hat® Ansible Certified Content for IBM Z provides the ability to connect IBM Z® to clients’ wider enterprise automation strategy through the Ansible Automation Platform ecosystem. This enables development and operations automation on Z through a seamless, unified workflow orchestration with configuration management, provisioning, and application deployment in one easy-to-use platform.
IBM z/OS core collection, as part of the broader offering Red Hat® Ansible Certified Content for IBM Z, will be available on both, Galaxy as community supported and Automation Hub with enterprise support.
© Copyright IBM Corporation 2020
See individual files for applicable licenses.
- Module reference
- zos_data_set – Manage data sets
- zos_encode – Perform encoding operations.
- zos_fetch – Fetch data from z/OS
- zos_job_output – Display job output
- zos_job_query – Query job status
- zos_job_submit – Submit JCL
- zos_operator – Execute operator command
- zos_operator_action_query – Display messages requiring action
- zos_ping – Ping z/OS and check dependencies.
- zos_tso_command – Execute TSO commands
- Module reference